Thursday, August 14, 2008

All Night Long...or until we fall over!

Those of you that know me well know that one of my FAVORITE hobbies is scrapbooking. I have been scrappin' for 11 years now - ever since I got married. And, needless to say, my skills have improved somewhat over the years. (I drew and cut out pictures of Mickey Mouse for my scrapbook about my honeymoon at Disney World in 1997 - now I can buy the 3-D holographic stickers with glue dots, die-cuts, etc!) And, one of the delights of my scrappin' career has been getting my awesome friend Michelle (pictured above) hooked on the hobby as well. We've been through alot together over the years. And - do you know that I created a MONSTER! She is much more dedicated to the sport than I am. One of our favorite things to do is get together for a few hours and work on our scrapbook pages. But - as I am sure you can relate - time is definitely a factor for this working mother of 3 (not to mention my many other roles as well!).

Anyway - boy!!!! Was I thrilled when she called me the other day and said her husband was going out of town! Now, don't get me wrong. I love him dearly. He is a great friend. But, I knew what that meant - SCRAP 'TIL YOU DROP! Michelle decided to celebrate (I mean mourne) her husband's out of town trip with an all night croppin' party. And, I couldn't be more excited...all the girls will be there. We are going to crop 'til we just can't crop no more!
For those of you who are not scrapbookers, this notion may not seem appealling. And, yes, I do have several other hobbies that really get me puttin' a smile on - not the least of which is blogging. I am also an AVID reader and bargain shopper. ( Did I tell you that I found the boys some awesome navy blue courderoy pants for fall for $1.50/pr. the other night!!!) But, the thing about scrapbooking that really makes it fun for me is the immediate gratification. And, yes, I know that Scripture teaches us that we should exhibit the virtues of waiting and patience. But, it is nice every once in a while to experience immediate results of an effort. From start to finish, I can typically finish a page in 30 minutes or less - TA DA!! It's done - and move on to the next one. What fun!

I am really looking forward to the scrapbooking slumber party. Nothing like a little craftiness, goofiness, laughter, sharing and time with your friends to do a girl some good!
Love you Michelle and can't wait to come!


No comments:

 
style>