Friday, July 3, 2009

Smoky reflections as I blog by the fire...

As I sit by the fire with my family, roasting marshmallows, laughing, telling stories, talking with one another, smelling the marshmallows and enjoying listening to other families around us chattering, laughing and celebrating, I realize...
I am blessed!
I am blessed to be alive!
I am blessed to be God's child!
I am blessed to be a part of this family!
I am blessed beyond measure!
I am blessed to be able to be myself in this family -genuine - not what others want me to be or expect me to be - just me. I find that trying to live up to others expectations of me is exhausting - daunting at best - and more often than not, I don't succeed at it! I long for times like these that I can rest...be myself...relax!
We have had a great time so far in Pigeon Forge at the campground. The park is full and it has been a refreshing change from camping life close to home. We are fully decorated for the 4th of July, including red-white-blue camper star lights, red-white-blue glow-necklaces, American flag flying proudly from our awning rail, and lots of food to BBQ! We began by taking a walk last night around the RV park, setting up camp and relaxing after a long drive (with mommy having a BAD migraine!) Thank God the headache improved after about 5 hours - not so bad this time;)
This morning, we went to the campground pool...
Abby insisted on wearing "doggles" so she could see underwater.
Jonah and Isaac are learning to swim so well. They love being in the water.
His contagious laugh...it tickles me!
Abby riding her new scooter! What a big girl!
Jonah loves learning to ride his skateboard.
Isaac doing skating tricks.
These kids love each other so much! What fun memory making times!
Now, we are tired...
fading fast...

...dreaming about tomorrow. More camping, more grilling, more swimming, more time together. It's the best of times!


3 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

What precious family time! Away from all the hustle and bustle of life and just enjoying each other. Have a great time!

Angie said...

What a great time! This time with our children is precious and fleeting. We better make the most of it. You're doing just that! And the blog will be a wonderful page to add to your family scrapbook. Precious.

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks like fun!

Happy blogoversary!

 
style>