Saturday, July 25, 2009

Today...

Today...I slept in, cooked a yummy breakfast with the family, went to the store - all of us..., came home, took a nap on the couch while the kids played and Mike watch t.v. and relaxed, fixed Spaghetti for supper.
Tomorrow...we look so forward to our Vacation Bible School starting tomorrow evening! It is a highlight of our year. This is Michael's first VBS while serving as the Pastor of Children's Ministries in our church and boy - is he pumped! Our theme is the "Boomerang Express" and we've been singing the songs for weeks at home - we have them memorized - what fun!
Outside my window...a beautiful thunderstorm just blew by. I can see a light rain falling. We've worked recently to sort of dress up the outside/porch to make it a little more homey and it looks great. Now, we enjoy being outside just as much as being inside.
Inside my window...the house is clean, the laundry is pretty much caught up. The children have played well today - laughing and tumbling. Isaac and Abby are under a blanket snuggling after the rain...Jonah is relaxing, watching a movie - a nice evening at home. Getting ready to pop some popcorn.
This week...Busy...VBS, working, my boss coming to review me two days, major renovations at work, two funerals to support friends who lost family members.
What I'm Reading...I'm in transition, actually. I take this reading thing real serious! So, until I find the next read, I am going back and scanning Desiring God, by John Piper, one of my all time favorites!
What I hope...I hope I work as unto the Lord this week, that I am the best wife, mother and mentor I can be to those in my sphere of influence and that I exalt the name of Christ in all I do and say.
What I fear...exhaustion - this is always my breaking point. This is when I am not able to be my best for God and my family. So, I pray that I rest well and keep things balanced.
My dream...to see my kids rock it out for God out in the world...but not be of it!
The best thing...the marriage!
The worst thing...my time management of it all...but it will get better, I know!
I am going...to be excited to see how several circumstances in my life turn out in the next few weeks.
I am hearing...the buzz of the refrigerator, the laughter of my children, the tick of the clock my aunt gave me before she died that is beside me on the table.
I am wearing...gray and silver lounging clothes...comfies!
I am thinking...that I absolutely love these quiet evenings at home. I know that there are so many who thrive in the loud race and pace, but I am content in the peace and quiet...I need it to recover and be still. It is good.
I am going...to try to breathe slowly this week, be my best for Christ. I am going to try to talk slower, drive slower, listen better, manage better, be calmer and just do what I can do in the power of His Spirit!
A few of my favorite things...
1.) my chocolate brown microfleece blanket that I snuggle with every evening;
2.) Orville Redenbacher 94% Fat-Free Kettle Korn
3.) Long, late talks into the night...scriptural conversations about the Godly things - growing, learning, studying, discussing...been having alot of those lately!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Read it again. Each time I read it I want to be there (in my own home of course). I want my house clean, my kids quiet, and an evening with nothing to do expect lay around with my family. Those are precious evenings that are rare for everyone these days.

 
style>