Monday, July 20, 2009

Count it!

Although I have heard alot of negativity lately...many nay-sayers, many people finding things wrong with everything - I am choosing a different route! Through the power of the Spirit, I am working on my responses to my circumstances - choosing to be a blessing, an uplifter, an encourager, a positive thinker, a peacemaker, a person of joy-filled character.

I believe it is a choice to be filled with joy! I have had many times without joy - and trust me - to choose joy is far better. It is one of the fruits of a life filled with the Spirit of God. It indicates that I am growing and producing fruit. I want to grow...be more tomorrow in my Christian walk than I am today. Will I stumble? Most assuredly. Will I wallow? NO!

Just like today, tomorrow I may face difficult situations, circumstances, and people. I may have fluctuating emotions, feelings and choices. I may have to take a time out. I will definitely pray. But, I will not allow my daily life circumstances - the hills and valleys of this life - to steal my joy in the Lord!

People will disappoint me...for that matter, I will let myself down!

...Time will fleet...,
...material possessions will break down...,
...challenges will come...
The world won't understand...but I will count it all joy!

1 comment:

Oh Dear said...

Wow Melisa! You go and I too will take this to heart!

 
style>