Saturday, July 11, 2009

Reading, Riding and A-Little-Broomstick

I was scheduled to be off of work on Friday, July 10th for my July 4th holiday, so of course, we planned to go camping again. We take every opportunity we can to take the camper out - we love it. What great family memories we're making! We decided this time to go camping closer to our families' home places so they could come by and enjoy the festivities. We were able to enjoy spending time with family talking, laughing and relaxing. The kids were able to enjoy fun time with the cousins riding scooters, riding bikes and playing on the playground.

Nana, Poppy, Granny, Papaw, Ashlee, Elizabeth, Tracey, Lonnie, Miranda, Mishaela, Nathan, Hope and Cameron came to visit with us!

The kids rode their hearts out!

The best time - in my opinion - is around the fire making smores!
(or 'snords' as Abby calls them - hehe)

Also, people who know me well know that I am an avid reader. I LOVE TO READ!!!! Now, I am not a fiction reader, mind you. I have only read one work of fiction in the last few years - Redeeming Love by Francine rivers - Wow! What a great book...it changed the way I see the love of the Father for me! But, typically, I am a non-fiction fanatic. And, I love to raid my dad's bookshelf. So, I got to do this on Thursday night, and found this little jewel:

What a thought provoking little book by J.I. Packer. It is a deeply intriguing little book - 126 pages, I believe, chocked full of interesting thoughts regarding the concepts of Evangelism and Personal Responsibility. Whether you claim to be align yourself with Calvinism or Arminianism, this book is a great read. I am part-way through it...can't wait to finish it!

By the way, Abby and I love our new, little camping broomstick...we sweep our hearts out at the campground. We enjoy a clean campsight! It is great to have such a fun, family hobby!

No comments:

 
style>