Sunday, November 28, 2010

Twinkle, Twinkle

I never will forget that moment...It was early December, 2009, and all three of my children as well as my husband were in the church Christmas play. The boys were playing the roles of Townspeople in Bethlehem, and Abby had been asked by an adult volunteer, and good friend, weeks before to be "The Star." "But, mommy, I don't want to be 'The Star.' I want to be an angel."
I heard my daughter's plea, but I insisted to her that since she was the tiniest and had been asked, that it would be the polite thing to do. She wimpered a little, tried to cry...but, I talked it up enough to get her through those last few rehearsals. The night of the play...she got teary-eyed again with more of the same, "But, mommy, I don't want to be 'The Star.' I want to be an angel." She was truly disapppointed...and my heart was touched. She was heartbroken..and, you have to see, God was working to teach ME ... the one who needed to learn ... through my precious one. And, it has taken me a year to put it all together!

You see, this year, Abby IS AN ANGEL in the play!!!

She is the happiest little angel, singing with the multitude. She is by far more blessed and pleased to be one of several singing together, making it happen, being part of a team...sharing fellowship, friendship, worshipping together...it is precious.

And, you wonder where the lesson is for mom...I won't go into great detail here...but, for those who know my recent struggles best...I am far better suited to be "singing with the multitudes, pleased to be making happen, being part of a team, sharing fellowship, friendship...being together" and after difficult decisions realize now how precious it is.

Now, please don't misunderstand me...Abby and I both understand the role of "The Star..." it shined, it led, it probably sparkled and twinkled...it drew attention...it was a 'VIS' (VERY IMPORTANT STAR). We appreciate it, understand it's value and are so thankful for it!

However, Abby..."I don't want to be 'The Star' either!"
Thank you for teaching me...and being patient with me as it took me a year to get it right!

Can't wait to see you singing with the Angels! I'll be the one smiling from the front - totally getting your joy in being an angel! And, we will be praising Jesus together!
(...and pics will follow, I promise!)

1 comment:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

That's precious! I'm sure she'll make a beautiful angel (and I'm sure she was a beautiful star too). I feel as if I am so out of touch with all that's going on in your life. Miss you! Love you!

 
style>