Sunday, November 30, 2008

On this Sunday, we are thankful for...

...our church's nursery and children's program. We are humbled and grateful that Michael now serves as the Associate Pastor of Children's Ministries in a church that wants to minister to children and families. PLUS - that I was able to love on babies and their families in the nursery for last 6 years as nursery coordinator was an INCREDIBLE honor and privilige. Now, with life changing ever so rapidly and my boys old enough to sit in "big" church with us, it has been necessary for me to surrender the coordinator's position to a great, trusted friend who has a heart for babies and focus my ministry at church on my own children. However, I am priviliged to be able to continue to be on the nursery rotation as a volunteer and today was MY day!
I LOVED IT! The babies were amazing and their parents were even more precious to spend time with. I prayed before I went in this morning that God's love would be shown through me and I hope that it was. I was blessed to be with His kids today in nursery worship!
...this Bible Study format by Kay Arthur and George Huber, entitled "What the future Holds." I am enjoying this study with my women's Sunday School class under a great teacher and am excited to learn more of God's precepts about our future in Christ from His Word...exciting stuff!!
A great friend of mine brought this to work the other mornin' and I reluctantly tried a cup - you see, I have never been a fan of 'hot fruit' of any kind. I could drink hot cider if I was caught in a pinch and that was all that was available , but it was definitely not my pick if there were other choices available. But, needless to say, it was the best I ever had and now I am the proud owner of every flavor that is made by this company. I know from personal experience that local grocers carry the individual packets for $0.69/pk or you can purchase it in larger quantities at Sam's Club. So far, I highly recommend Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, Hot Apple Pie and Original...And, by the way, I've got to go now and get me a cup (or two)...
...Mott's Hot Spiced Cider...YUM!

No comments:

 
style>