Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Backpack dilemma solved!

Every school year, we go on a hunt for THE "backpack". You know the one...the coolest, neatest, most colorful backpack to be had. However, our experience has been that these backpacks look alot like everyone else's, get easily mistaken and taken, don't hold up well and more often than not, have to be replaced. So, in our quest for new backpacks, I showed my children these backpacks from L.L.Bean and they got so excited. In the past, they hadn't been interested, but this year, for some reason, they were. They are having their first names monogrammed on them and we hope they arrive on time for the first day of school - I put a rush on them!

This is the one Abby chose - Pink of course! What else for a 3 1/2 year old darlin' to take her favorite toy and snack to Mimi's in?

Jonah chose this bright lime green one...he always loves bright colors, just like his personality. I am so excited to see him move into 2nd grade. He's going to do great.

Isaac, after MUCH deliberation, finally chose the sky blue. He is so excited to be starting 3rd grade. He is so ready and is eager for school to start.

Although it seems that summer has barely started, it is refreshing to think about a fresh school year beginning. The kids start school on Monday, August 10th. I pray for a great year for them and my K-8 music-teaching husband!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love LLBean backpacks. The one I had I used all through high school and college. It still has plenty of wear left, if only I could find it. It survived a lot of plane trips and band trips too! Good choice!

 
style>