Saturday, September 19, 2009

Six More Saturdays

Sometimes, I wish we could have a week full of Saturdays! Not every week, mind you. But, wouldn't it be neat if every so often, someone said, "Well, because you've been good this week, we will celebrate by having "Saturday Week" - 7 Saturdays...all in a row! I would just be the most excited!!! I woke up this morning to 3 beautiful children playing sweetly in the living room. My husband was relaxing...it was great.



As I was dressing, the children said,
"Come in the living room, mommy and daddy. We have a surprise for you."

All of a sudden, at 9 a.m., we smelled popcorn popping in the microwave!
The children had popped us popcorn.
They had 'built' a two-tiered puppet stage out of chairs and blankets, rehearsed and planned a pupped show for us to enjoy. They even had the popcorn for us and told us where to sit! Abby was the narrator, Jonah was the pumpkin and Isaac was the frog. It is rather complicated, but the story line involved a spatula and a turkey baster. It was delightful, at the very least!


It was so nice to be able to relax and end enjoy our fall decorations...it was fun to go as a family to Hobby Lobby last week and gather items to decorate with. Our collection of decorations has grown over the years and it is exciting to pull out the old ones and add the new ones.




I enjoyed a nap in the afternoon, cooked dinner for the family while the kids watched a movie, had a surpise visit from a great friend who brought the children Blizzards from DQ - just a for-no-reason visit - it was great, listened to the UK game on the radio, and now we are having fun watching the Andy Griffith Show Marathon on TVLand...

Now...I plan to sit down, study my Sunday School lesson, prepare my heart for worship tomorrow and enjoy the rest of my weekend...
Oh...
for 6 more Saturdays in a row...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Novel idea! I would settle with just two Saturdays in a row. HaHa!
It sounds like you had a great, restful day.
Love,
Traci

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Your house looks beautiful. It seems like such a cozy and "homey" home.

Love it!

By the way, the kids are getting so big so fast!

 
style>