Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Vacating

Yes. I am. I am vacating. Right here in my own little home. Vacating from the stress and troubles of the working world. So far, it has been nothing less than divine! I woke up to my husband and children giving me good morning kisses, then rolled over and went back to sleep! At about 8:30 a.m., woke to total silence in the house...everyone was gone to work and school ...
I was home alone!
I opened the front door to take a peek out at the world and Michael had brought me back a 24 pack of Diet Pepsi and left it for me on the front porch for my vacationing pleasure. (For those of you who know me best...that is a gift!) I closed the door, came inside, and have enjoyed the silence of the day ALL DAY long.

I have a theory about silence...not actually mine...but borrowed from God. We need silence. We need stillness. Our bodies crave it. And, I have noticed that when I go too long without it, that my ears actually hurt when I do get quiet...there were so many things I could have done today, but my eardrums needed to rest. My body needed to rest. I needed to be still and know...
that He was God.
So far, I have...
... vowed not to answer the phone today...turned the ringer off;
...spent much time in study, meditation and prayer;
(Ephesians is knocking my socks off right now...love studying the Word in depth!)
...took 5 minutes to put supper in the crock pot - and it smells yummy!
...took a nap;
...drank one 12 oz. Diet Pepsi, very slowly...hehe...
...thought alot about some major things in my life, wondering, weighing decisions, praying, pros/cons, listening to God speak in the silence ...
and then I blogged.

Not bad for the first day vacating.

Now I think I will go take a shower and get ready for...
FAMILY TIME!!!! WOOHOO!
I am never home when they get home...they always beat me home. What a treat! I can't wait.
God is so good to me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great! I look forward to my guy's hunting trips for the same reasons you wrote today. Enjoy your week, gets lots of rest and keep blogging! Traci

Angie said...

Enjoy your much needed rest and silence. Enjoy this time with the Lord. I look forward to hearing what He speaks to you. Love ya!

Oh Dear said...

ENJOY Melisa!!!

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Enjoy your time off!

 
style>