Monday, November 30, 2009

Black Friday Mayhem

Since my babysitting options fell through for Black Friday due to family illness, Mike and I decided to tackle shopping in Lexington with ALL THREE CHILDREN. Many would ask what I was thinking, I am sure. But, we had a Bell family meeting to discuss our options, and ultimately, the options were to sit at home and look at each other on my only day off or go and hope for the best. We chose option two and encouraged each other that a good attitude could save the day. Well, needless to say, other than a few minor meltdowns, the day was a blazing success for the Black Friday Bargain-Hunting Bell's!!! We found some great deals, got 85% of our Christmas shopping complete and enjoyed each other's company quite thoroughly!

On a much lighter - I guess you sort of had to be there - note, we did had a funny incident in the Disney store. Abby found a plush doll - Ariel the mermaid,

that she fell in love with. She began whining and begging for it. I started with the "...well, maybe that would be a great Christmas present..." or "...let's wait and see if you get it for Christmas" story. In the meantime, Michael was already deep in line to purchase our already chosen Christmas gifts for others on our list. I made a last minute decision to try to get the doll to him quickly before Abby saw it so I would have it for her for Christmas. So, when she turned her back, I tried to toss it - quarterback-style - to him. In the meantime [imagine slow-mo here], a real nice looking lady stepped into the dolls trajectory and it co-cocked her in the back of the head. My gut response was to duck behind the "Santa Buddies Plush Dog" display, which I did do!!!...and I heard Mike say, "Uh, sorry, ma'am." Needless to say, I have never seen him so embarrassed to be married to ME!

Somebody had to take the fall so the baby could have the doll she wanted for Christmas, right - hehehe? Disclaimer: No one was harmed in the purchase of this plush doll - except my husband's pride;)

Merry Christmas!!!

3 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

You are very brave!
And that Disney Store story is too funny!

Oh Dear said...

Ha Ha Ha So funny! That doll will make you laugh for years!

your sister said...

Only you!!!!!
That's all I have to say.

 
style>