Sunday, November 15, 2009

"You're a Man, Now!"

Isn't it quite funny the way our children view things...how they see life through different lenses?
While celebrating Michael's 36th birthday this week, the children ran in, surprised him (with a little help from the birthday elf) with cheesecake (his favorite), and a fun gift and a card that sang, "Lord, you are good and your mercy endureth forever...".

Suddenly, Isaac spontaneously announced to him...
"Now, you're a man!"
Abby began to chime in..."My daddy's a man now...eeewwww."
It was a great laugh and we had a delightful time celebrating.

I then asked each of the children, while we sat around the table indulging in cheesecake, to remind their daddy of their favorite memories of him...
great conversation and memories developed.

Isaac: "I loved riding the roller coasters at King's Island with you."
Jonah: "Yeah...but riding the log flume with daddy was better...we got soaked and laughed."
Abby: "I want to go fishing with you dad, like the boys do."

Not just rememebering, but planning more family fun and memory making was great.
I love being blessed with this family!

Happy Birthday, honey!
My best memory of you:
let's see, was it...
...the two weeks we spent on mission in California?
...how proud I was when you were honored as District 9 Teacher of the Year?
...laughing while playing charades at home?
...watching you read and study?
(you know how that gets me EVERYTIME - nothing hotter than a prayed up/studied up MAN OF GOD!)
...travelling with you around the world to build the family God intended for us;
...so much more...floods of great memories...just can't decide!

I Love you with all of my spirit-filled heart!

2 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Happy Birthday Michael!

Angie said...

Melisa, I love to hear you speak about your family especially your love for Michael. The two of you share a genuine love that is truly precious. And I agree about the studied up part. Not that I'm checking out your man, I just agree that is more attractive in a man than ANYTHNING else. So glad that the Lord blessed us with fine Christian men. Love ya, Angie

 
style>