Sunday, January 31, 2010

Leaving Their Mark

Before Mike and I were blessed with our 3 children, we used to sit in our perfectly clean home together and say things like, "I just wish there were toys EVERYWHERE" or "if God would just give us children, we would never complain about the mess...it would be such a blessing."

Well, eight years later...three incredible children later...I got my mess...everywhere! And, I realize that it is so temporary. It won't last forever. It can be cleaned. We clean up the toys everyday...then, they play and play some more. They love each other. They are so creative. They don't just make messes...they love to play. And, I love to play with them and watch them play together...learning how to love one another, share, interact, work out disagreements, improve their social skills, develop their talents...it's so fun.

One day, I'll miss this terribly...I know that for sure!

It is not unusual to find little "pods"of toys lying around that have been played with and are now "taking a rest."

During this recent snow storm, the boys (and Abby too!) have re-discovered their Lightening McQueen toys. I love when they re-find toys they haven't played with in a long time and start playing with them like they are brand new again. (Jonah keeps his Pluto he bought at Disney World recently close by all the time, too.)

Isaac draws ALL the time! Everyday...he draws! He loves art!

First things this morning, Abby said, "Mommy, you be the mommy horse and I'll be the baby horse!" Yesterday, we played fairies, princesses and lots more. She sleeps with the pound puppy that is behind her right arm every night. (and yes...she dressed herself in this gorgous pajama ensemble-hehe).

No comments:

 
style>