Friday, April 10, 2009

Lamb

My mind is full today...hard to clear it. I am home from work with strep, which is no fun. I haven't slept well due to the pain. On days like this, I don't like noise. I relish the silence until it almost deafens me. The clock in the kitchen is ticking, the computer hummmms, and it is raining off and on outside. Mike and the kids are gone for the day. I love to sit in the dark...study, think and pray. These moments are far and few between. I don't feel well, but I'll take them any way they come. Good Friday notions scream out..."Crucify him, crucify him." A wooden cross, nails, thorns, holes in his hands and feet. I was there that day...on His mind. He thought of me. I can't imagine the suffering, the scorn, the pain.

I am only human. My mind doesn't stay focused the way it should. It wanders. I have concerns - carnal concerns. Lord, keep me focused on you. You are all that matters. You did it all for me. You will meet my needs - the needs of my family. You took the cross for me - why do I keep taking it up again and again and again? Today is Good Friday...I will remember the cruel cross...the blessed, beautiful, cruel cross. Thank you for the cross, Lord. Thank you for the nail-pierced hands. Worthy is the Lamb!


2 comments:

Oh Dear said...

So unworthy am I. Thanks for sharing and hope you feel better soon.

Angie said...

I so quickly forgot the reality of the cross. Forgive me, Father. Keep it close to my heart and mind at all times. Thank you, Melisa for the reminder.

 
style>