Thursday, April 2, 2009

Reasons


There are so many reasons that I love being a mom...but I must say that my three darlings make it so easy to love it. (Now, notice that I did not say that it was easy being a mom - just that I loved it!) But, I thought tonight, as my children lay sleeping, resting for the final day of school this week, that I would share 10 things that I particularly enjoy about each child.

Isaac...I love that you...:
1.) always go with the flow;
2.) complete artwork reflects your personality and is beautiful;
3.) love reading to your baby sister;
4.) never give up and are very confident;
5.) pray so genuinely and thoughtfully;
6.) love to help others - you get the missions concept!
7.) enjoy yourself everywhere you are;
8.) build awesome tents as large as a room out of blankets, chairs, pillows, etc
9.) like your hair a certain way, and no matter how hard I try, your refix it...your way.
10.) show incredible potential for the kingdom of Christ and I can't wait to see how He uses you!

Jonah...I delight in...:
1.) your unquenchable sense of humor;
2.) your passion - whether you are right or wrong;
3.) your ability to recall even the minutest details of an event that occurred years ago;
4.) your "no stick" days!
5.) watching you run from 3rd base to home!
6.) watching you lay in the bathtub, relaxin', knowing that you haven't used a drop of soap;
7.) seeing you delight in worms, dirt and bugs!
8.) your poetry:
"The Glorest [glorious] sun, the Glorest clouds
The Glorest mud, the Glorest rain
The Glorest trees, the Glorest wood
The Glorest rocks, the Glorest wind
The End by Jonah"
9.) your rosy-red cheeks that glow when your run your heart out;
10.) seeing you learn Scripture that I know God will use to grow you up in Him!


Abigail...it thrills my heart to...:
1.) paint your fingernails and toenails pink - so pretty;
2.) hold you "just one more minute" before bed;
3.) hearing you wake up in the morning and wanting a "snack" - no matter the time;
4.) play with your dolls and help you change their diapers - they sure do pee alot!
5.) let you "dry" my hair;
6.) go shopping with you;
7.) watch "Abby in Wonderland" for the 147th time;
8.) see you grow and have conversations with you;
9.) listen to you sing, "J-O-Y, down in my heart, deep, deep down in my heart";
10.) think about the ways that God is going to use your life!

I absolutely LOVE being a mom.

2 comments:

Julie From Inmates said...

I landed here via feedjit. Enjoyed your post! Enjoy your weekend. =)

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

What sweet kids.! We sure do miss them (and you and Michale too).

 
style>