Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New camera...Yay!





I had an unfortunate mishap with my little Canon PowerShot camera on Christmas Day and picture taking just hasn't been the same since. So, for my birthday and our 12th anniversary, Michael and I bought a new camera to capture special family moments. We have been very excited to enjoy it, but had not had time yet to fiddle with it much. So, tonight, after the boys went to bed, Abigail was in a great mood and we took a few shots to try it out. We still have alot to learn about how to use it most effectively, but none the less, got some cutie-pa-tootie shots of 'punkin-head' right before bedtime. By the way, in case you hadn't heard, Ms. Abigail is now officially enrolled in pre-ballet classes. We are so excited for her. She now has her very own weekly event to go to and loved it! She had her first class 3-5 year old pre-ballet "Try Me" class on Monday, and afterwards, said, "Mommy, please tell my daddy that he needs to buy me fancy clothes now like my friends in my class [leotards, dance shoes, etc.]." She was the tiniest ballerina in her class and gave it her all. Needless to say, we have ordered the leotard, tights, leather ballet shoes (size 7 in little girls), 12" leg warmers, a warm-up sweater and a ballet bag. We are in hook, line and sinker! We are so proud of her!

4 comments:

Angie said...

I'm so happy for Abby and for you. It sounds like a lot of fun. And of course, you have to look the part. So you have to have the right 'fancy' clothes!

Tracey said...

Sorry I didn't call. It is 10:45 and I suppose you are in bed by now. The pics look good. I need a new camera too. Janet emailed me back and said that hers was a Canon Rebel xti. Is that what you said yours was?

Oh Dear said...

I think that camera captures how cute that baby girl really is! Oh BTW-please tell daddy that I want fancy clothes too and I also wear a 7 in shoes! (think it will work for me??)

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

She is so beautiful, Melisa! My favorite is the last pic - and I of course LOVE the toothy smile too!

 
style>