Sunday, May 17, 2009

Just a fish in a bowl


Sometimes, I feel like a I'm just a fish in a bowl - self-imposed fishy I suppose. Picture this: I'm swimming around, minding my own business, trying to be real, not putting on 'airs' enjoying my little world. Sometimes, I get excited and swim really fast, play games in the water, even chase water bubbles, hide behind the feaux grass and rocks and 'jump' out just for the sheer joy of myself. Other times, I try to hide...get really still and quiet, hiding behind the fishbowl decorations to get some privacy, if you will. But, at times, I realize, as I go about my business, that others are watching me. Although I can get alone - or a semblence of so at times - I am keenly aware that my life is an open book for others to see. And, although I may try to put on a good front that all is well in the fish bowl, those who watch me swim around on a regular basis notice when I am not swimming at my usual pace. They notice when I am tired, worried, scared, stressed...or going on sheer adrenaline.

Well, this fish is self-admittedly relying on God to stay afloat. I need His wisdom to know which direction to swim. He is holding me up...I even think I am wearing His floaties on my fins. But, I embrace it.

And, this fish may strike out every now and then...but she's swinging for the fence. A baseball playing fish, you ask? You bet! I may not get it right every time, and sometimes I can't predict which way the balls coming, But, keep watching the fish bowl because God's going to get the glory!

3 comments:

Oh Dear said...

Go MELISA! SWIM GIRL!!!

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Love it!

Angie said...

He just did! God bless you! You have a wonderful gift with this blogging. I was waiting to see where you obtained this beautiful piece of writing. Why was I surprised that you were the author? I'd like to just be a spectator in this game of life sometimes, but God has placed us on His team. We're the players and He's our coach. So glad we're on the same team!

 
style>