Saturday, August 29, 2009

An analogy.

Anybody ever had a new puppy...and you let it outside into a fenced yard...it runs wild...from corner to corner, excitedly exploring - stopping to dig a little, then being distracted by something new he sees across the way...then he runs to a new spot, grabs a new toy, shakes it a little, 'delights in the wonder', then moves on to chase a bug...not calming down a minute to take in the vastness...but just excited at every new little bit and piece he sees, then moves on to the next.
AND, you try to get his attention to get him to take a break and get a drink of water...hunker down...pat your knee, and say, "Here, boy!" He runs over, stops for a minute, sloshes his face in the water bowl, spills it everywhere and gets it all over his face! You chuckle as you watch him run off to the next big discovery -
That's me today! Beth Moore opened the door and turned me loose to the open field of Psalm 37. There is so much richness there...I am running from one truth to the next excitedly...and now I am going to slow down and drink from the water bowl, and try not to spill too much.
Anybody else thirsty?

Me with my sister-in-love at the Beth Moore Living Proof Simulcast...we love studying God's Word together...how blessed.

Abiding in Psalms 37:4...and more...chewing on it...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melisa,
You are such a gifted writer. Perhaps you should plan on writing your own little devotional book. I would like to have one! :)
Love ya,
Traci

Angie said...

Love your wording, "Sister-in-love". I, too can't seem to slow down and digest the profound truths Beth shared this weekend. God is good and He is can be trusted! That much I have digested. Love you, my Sister-in-Christ!

Oh Dear said...

So glad you got to go and Roll in the Word! I will be checking out that chapter too! Thanks for sharing friend.

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

What a great post!

By the way, I love the new look for your blog!

 
style>