Saturday, August 8, 2009

It's wrong full.

It's official. I'm living a lift that is wrong full...but, I am more than confident that the things that are over-filling and crowding out the things that should be there can't - and won't - continue to stay much longer. I can't go on like this...so, as I continue to re-focus and stand on the promises given to me by the King for a full, abundant and free life, I seek out ways to return to a more simple life.

I am searching for ways to simplify again. It seems like I am forever-more revisiting the concept of down-sizing, simplifying, bringin' it back home...I have to get real about it all.
I am a woman, wife, mother, and full-time 'outside-of-the-home' employee. And, in addition, I work in long-term care in the area of rehabilitation management - a profession I thoroughly enjoy. On top of that, my husband is a teacher, student and we are adjusting as a family to pastoral ministry life - a deeper challenge than I ever imagined, indeed. There are days, self-admittedly, that I juggle all the balls well and other days, that one, two or all of the balls I am juggling fall and hit the floor hard. And, the past two weeks, I feel like the balls have come crashing down...why?

1.) My rehab department is short two full-time staff members - it puts a huge strain on myself and the rest of my staff.
2.) Our patient caseload has increased significantly at a time when our staffing is down - figures, huh?.
3.) I am working late alot. I am tired.
4.) I am so tired when I get home that priorities tend to fall by the wayside...I sleep when I can just to cope and go back and do it again.
5.) My sister says that the only time I call her is when I am going through a drive-thru late at night on my way home from work - and it's true - I am usually ordering when she says, "hello?"

I am not sure of the answer to all of this - yes...I do know the answer, but not quite sure how it will come.

As you read, I admittedly anticipate some responses:
-she's too busy - that's her own fault.
-she should just say no.
-she should reset her priorities.
-she's a complainer.
-she chose these things - why's she griping?

I have prayed sincerely for God to intervene and send me hard-working staff to assist my rehab team in providing great services to our residents. I feel a deep responsibility to this "mission field" of mine. I believe He has heard my prayer.
I am attempting to work on refining my time management skills while I am at work so that I can multi-task and free myself up in more reasonable time frames - even though I feel this is one of my strengths already - surely there is more I can do...

I need support. I need people to come along side me and help me. I do know my priorities. I don't desire to complain. I enjoy the life God has allowed me to live. I am searching for His direction in all of this. And...upon closer examination, He's teaching me through it. I am so glad I am His child. I am so glad that when I have these times of challenge, that He knows my name, sees each tear that falls, and hears me when I call!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Melisa,
I am moved by your blog. You have such great skill...with writing. God has heard your prayers. Life is so full of chaos...I understand your work circumstances, I have a huge responsibility at work as well. However, I do not have three small children. I can only imagine your quandary....I love you all and I am praying. Cindy Howard

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Melisa

The Lord knows your heart. I will be lifting you up in prayer as you wait for the Lord's perfect answers in it all.

Anonymous said...

Melisa,
Working moms have a full plate that can be overwhelming much of the time. I will be praying that the Lord sends you just the right workers to help lighten the load. Love ya, Traci

Oh Dear said...

Just thinking about the butterfly that is about to emerge!
Prayers to you as you juggle.

 
style>