Sunday, August 16, 2009

Deep And Wide


I am having trouble sleeping tonight. I have been battling a really bad migraine for two days and it has released enough tonight that I can sit up and function a little, but I am not near back to my old self. I have slept for the better part of yesterday afternoon, last night and today. It sort of feels like I lost my weekend in a way...can tomorrow really be Monday? I didn't get to attend church today with my family, I've slept through my family time...where did it go? Tonight, I have tried to go back to my Bible Study in Ephesians a little, reading and meditating, but it is hard to concentrate with the throbbing pain - it was so interesting that at the Secret Keeper Girl event on Friday, we sang one of my favorite praise songs taken from Ephesians 3...and ever since, I have prayed it back to God in thanks for His love for me. I have found that when my migraines come, it is a great time of worship for me...It is time for me to give in and give up everything I have to Him...His love is so wide...long...high...deep...I can't even begin to fathom it. But, tonight I am trying to rest in it.

"And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ...[emphasis mine]"

Ephesians 3:17b-18

Tonight, I ask, unsashamedly, not only for others, Lord, but for me. I need you.

3 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Melisa

I pray that you will be feeling better soon. Praise God that you are able to praise Him in the storm. He is so very near. Cling to Him!

Anonymous said...

Melisa,
You were missed at church and Sunday School on Sunday. I hate to hear that you were sick, but glad to know you are starting to recover. You're in my prayers for a better week.
Love,
Traci

Anonymous said...

Melisa,
I missed you yesterday. I pray you will have a blessed week.
Becky

 
style>