Saturday, June 27, 2009

Well, Saturday...

...can be a pretty awesome word, huh? I love the ring of it. Sat-ur-day...it resonates with FREEDOM in my ears! My husband and I work hard all week...then Saturday is our day to just be...to spend time doing the things we 'choose' to do...not always what we are obligated to do. And, today, we choose to:
1.) wake up with children all around us in the bed - giggling, playing, story-telling;

2.) pick up and deliver a food box for one of our elderly church attendees;

3.) let mommy and Abby go get pedicures together;

4.) attend a family reunion;

5.) take the children to have a fun sleep-over at granny and papaws;

6.) have date-night tonight! Michael has planned a fun evening of dinner out in a small, quaint restaurant we've never been to, then we're going to the lake to take a walk and spend time together.
Fun!

I just love Saturdays...what a fun day God blessed us with! How about you? How are you spending your Saturday today? Whether it is work or play...make it a great one!

Let's get rollin'!


2 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

sounds like an awesome family day!

Have fun with Michael tonight..so nice to just have some couple time!

Oh Dear said...

Friday or Saturday is a day that Mark is off. I LOVE to run errands in the morning while baby and daddy are still sleeping-I go by myself or with a helper or two-but they get to choose to go,not drug along! We might hit a yard sale, like this morning or a thrift store to get a new book or a bargain! I love these mornings with conversations and 1:1 time with whoever chooses to go.

 
style>