Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Girl, A Dream...Come True!

...I dreamed of having an electronic reading device...advanced technology that only an AVID reader could fully appreciate. Technology that allow me to have a complete bookstore at my disposal 24 hours/day, 7 days a week. Technology that would allow me to read, be read to, would mark my pages automatically, store thousands of books, be lightweight and thin, and easier to read than any book I had previously held in my hands.
Then, just in time for my birthday, the UPS man showed up on my doorstep. (No wonder my husband wouldn't take us out for supper on Friday night...he knew something was up!) The Amazon box came right on time.
And...yes, I recognized the box I had seen on Amazon's website as I had looked and dreamed many times before...the "Once Upon A Time..." on the end had given it away! Was my dream about to come true? Was I really going to be able to carry my own personal library everywhere I went?
Whaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
A KINDLE DX!!!!!!!!!
It was amazing to see and hold! I was so excited! Within minutes I was able to download 27 books to MY Kindle!
(Of course, I already had been perusing the Kindle Store and had signed up to receive Kindle updates to my Twitter account months before...so there wasn't much left to do but get busy!)
How do I thank my husband, Michael, enough for caring so much? He knew the dream! Hehehe...what fun! Now, all I want to do is read!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one reader to another, congratulations!!!

Miss you and hope you are feeling better.

Becky Watts

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday...Read, read, read!!
Traci

 
style>