Monday, November 10, 2008

HURRICANE...

This weekend has been another ACUTE reminder that the best-laid-plans are all for naught when THE MIGRAINE takes over. I must say that it swept me off my feet this time. From Friday afternoon until Sunday around 4 a.m., it came and went, waxed and waned. Then, at 4 a.m., it came with full force - reminds me of when a hurricane finally hits shore and never lets up...pounding, burning with no release in sight. Mike and the kids had gone to church and I was trying to "sleep" it off. However, at 11 a.m., I was in the floor and couldn't handle it alone anymore. I called Mike at church and he came home with a friend to watch the children and off we went to the emergency room. I couldn't open my eyes because the light was blinding. My ears were ringing loudly and deeply. The first two IM injections offered no relief at all. The third one, however did slowly lift the sharpness and pull the knife blade out of my brain enough that I could open my eyes and lie down.

As I get older, the migraines get worse. It - yet again - has stolen 3 days from my life. However, yesterday, when it was escalating, the Lord and I had a long talk about it all and I am okay with it. Sometimes I need to suffer some to remember how much he suffered. Although I was hurting, it was a worshipful time. And, I was able to memorize Ephesians 6:10 while I was praying for relief...my challenge to you today...memorize this little verse...
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Eph. 6:10

2 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

We will be praying!

Angie said...

Your faith and attitude amazes me. I want to be just like you when I grow up. Oh, wait a minute, I'm older than you are. You are in my prayers. Love, Angie

 
style>