Saturday, November 8, 2008

Potato soup and good friends...

I have a great recipe for Loaded Potato Soup that was given to me by a co-worker and it has become a fall-and-winter family favorite here at home. So, I thought I would share it with you...so many people have asked me for it and have loved it. Again, not original with me, but great none the less...

Dice 8-10 potatoes into small squares.
Cook in first pot just until tender -
not enough to mash or until they crumble...just until barely tender.
In second pot, sautee 1/2 c. butter and 1 small onion in a stock pot.
Then add 1/2 c. flour to make a rue.
(It will become very thick and clumpy - that's ok!)
Add garlic powder, garlic salt , ground cayenne pepper and black pepper to taste.
Then, add 3 cans of chicken broth and 3 cans of cream.
Cut 3/4 to 1 large block of Velveeta cheese into small slices and add to soup mixture.
When finished, add potatoes to the second pot.
Fry Bacon; use a knife to cut into small pieces.
Pour soup into bowls and then top with shredded cheese (I like Colby/Monterey Jack), bacon,
diced
green onions and a 'wollup' of sour cream.


Have some great oyster crackers available as well...
and voila!

We are actually having friends up tonight for dinner and this is the menu of choice with hot roast beef and swiss croissant sandwiches...

Nothing like good friends and good food...now...I must be off to clean up this house and cook!

1 comment:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Sounds delicious! There is nothing like a nice hot bowl of soup on a damp and chilly day!

 
style>