Saturday, November 1, 2008

in·ten·tion

From Merriam-Webster's online dictionary:

in·ten·tion
Pronunciation:
\in-ˈten(t)-shən\
Function: noun
Date: 14th century
1: a determination to act in a certain way

This word - INTENTION - has been on my mind alot lately. I have been driven in my own personal life and walk with Christ to live my life intentionionally - to determine that I will act in a certain way. I am so tired of having unfulfilled intentions. I know that the enemy dances when I intend to do something, but never follow through. So, in the interest of accountability and the desire to see others do the same, I wanted to share some things that I have been implementing in my own daily experience intentionally - not waiting for everything to be perfect to implement them, but actually doing it now. I want to live as though my life could end at any time - no regrets, no "I could have's" or "we should have's."
Some specifics that we are doing intentionally - and boy, is it making a difference...

-praying together as husband and wife daily;
-cutting my hours back at work to be home more with my family;
-resting more and NOT feeling guilty about it;
-enjoying my work days instead of dreading them;
-working with Mike on our budget-telling our money what to do;
-looking for personal/one-on-one ministry opportunities that are right around us;
-planning time for and with my spouse, including date nights;
-
Just a few, I know...but I am incredibly guilty of WANTING to do things, but never getting around to it. I am trying to now DO those things that my heart desires...
there will never be a more ideal time to take risks and live the dream than now!

No comments:

 
style>