Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Opportunities?? Problems??

It has been said many times that "problems are opportunities:"
-opportunties for growth;
-opportunities for self-development;
-opportunities for discovery;
-opportunities for spiritual revival;
-0pportunities for...___________(fill in the blank)...
Well, if this is the case, I have had MANY opportunities recently to improve myself. Between migraines, tension headaches, reflux, fatigue, and other specifc life stressors, choices and difficulties that are too specific, personal and numerous to be mentioned in this particular forum...I am a wealth of opportunity.
So, I am DIGGING my heels in...not giving in to the challenges, but meeting them head-on!

I am not sure where this is headed, though. I also am not sure of much of anything right now other than the fact that life is changing all too rapidly. Gone are the days of easy decisions and stress-free living. Now are the days of grown-up hurts and never-look-back decisions. Now is the time to "live the dream" or "don't live the dream." Mike and I are working toward breaking cycles and thinking grander thoughts, knowing the stakes are higher and the fall could be harder.

This is where my faith comes in to play. Not whether I have faith in God to meet me at every opportunity with wisdom and guidance, but, as in the scenario of trusting a chair to hold me up...will I look at the chair and say I believe, or will I actually sit in the chair, demonstrating my faith by acting on what I believe in? I want to act on my faith...sit in the calm assurance that God is guiding our steps in difficult decision making, in uncomfortable situations, in sickness and fatigue, and in risky situations...so, here I sit...awaiting my next opportunity, reflecting on the recent past ones...wondering where all of this thing called "my life" is headed...and it is a blast!

2 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Praying for wisdom and discernment for whatever decisions you all are praying about.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:4-5

Rachel said...

Praying with you sweet sister in Christ...

 
style>