Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Christmas Musings #3...

This is the first ornament that Michael and I had as a couple...it is a Hallmark Keepsake ornament from 1996...the year we were engaged to be married. His mom bought it for us because we became engaged at Christmastime. It was a really special time and we had a lot of hopes and dreams for our future together. We had been "Close-knit Friends" for many years prior to dating and becoming engaged, so the sentiment behind the ornament has meant alot to us over the years. We are so incredibly blessed to have an awesome friendship and it is neat to see this ornament from the '90s come to life on our tree each December.

You know, Michael and I have been able to experience a great life together...we have had so much fun together the last (almost) 12 years. I'd rather be living with him under a rock somewhere than to be miserable in the finest home in Kentucky! We are incredibly blessed with two wonderful careers, three great kids and great opportunities ahead of us in Christ! And, we continue to ACTIVELY pursue the simple things intentionally - friendship, time with each other, date nights, church-focus, missions, being spirit-filled, pursuing God's Word wth passion and not becoming part of the world - but setting ourselves apart from it. I hope that Michael and I are always "Close-knit..." as the ornament reflects...like-minded in Christ....pursuing the same goals and dreams that are planted on our hearts and minds by the Spirit of Christ. I could have more that the world has to offer. I intentionally choose to be different...to be simple...to chase after the fruit of the spirit in my relationships and my walk with God...love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control. Yes - I said pursue! I have not arrived, but when you see the fruit in my life, you will know that it is not I, but Christ who lives within me! Goodnight and Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

I love these posts! So sweet!!

Angie said...

Beautifully stated!

 
style>