Thursday, December 18, 2008

...shhh...must be Santa!...

I was so excited tonight to be able to attend my employee Christmas party at the long-term care facility at which I have worked as an occupational therapist in the rehab department for the last 6 years. I absolutely love my work and am blessed to work with four of the most wonderful Christian girls in the world. How many people can say they work with an entirely Christian department??? Well, I can! And, hopefully, we are a light in, what can be, a very dark place at times...a nursing home! But, to me, it is a beautiful place and I am honored to be able to spend my weekdays with these delightful, elderly community leaders, mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, veterans, Christians...people who have loved and lost, fought life's hardest battles, and are dependent upon us to get them through the toughest times at the end of the road.

Tonight, however, we had a great time visiting as employees and celebrating the Christmas holiday together as a team. It was fun to see and spend time with each other, our spouses and our children. Then, the highlight of the evening was a visit from Santa. But, you see, this was no ordinary Santa...there was something different about him. He seemed extraordinarily handsome...something drew me to him. (I must admit that I was actually sort of attracted to him...in an odd sort of santa-baby way). I snuck a few pictures of him secretly to post so I could always remember this night. Somehow...he had a striking resemblance to...well...I don't know...something about him seemed remarkable like my...oh, well...thanks, Santa! It was nice!

...preparing to 'wow' the children who waited for the gifts...

...quite handsome, don't you think? Who is that masked Santa?

My children just seemed automatically drawn to him...Abby felt so comfortable with him that she called him daddy! (Don't tell Michael...he might get offended;)

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

3 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

For some strange reasons I am finding myself singing "I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus underneath the mistletoe last night" as I read this post. Hmmm???

Angie said...

Good to see the many sides/faces of your family. It's funny how even with all that on you can still see exactly who it is. Who knew his eyes were such a distinguishing feature.

Anonymous said...

The picture of the kids and 'Santa' would have made the perfect Christmas card. Love it!

 
style>