Sunday, December 7, 2008

On This Sunday, I am Thankful for...

...the Word of God that speaks to me in fresh ways each and every time I read it. It never ceases to amaze me that I can read the same verses that I read just recently and gain something new from them. I recently read verses from Isaiah that I had previously read many times that many of you are familiar with "...and He shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, mighty God, everlasting Father, Prince of Peace." However, this morning, during our morning worship service, after praying that God would speak His word into my heart in a way that I could receive new insight into His character and attributes - He did it! And, I learned so much about Him that I did not know or hadn't attributed to Him! I also just love studying with my women's Sunday School class. It just feeds my hunger to know His word more and get into the Bible at home
more and let it speak to me.
Now, that is exciting stuff right there!

...our Christmas Play by our children and youth ministries, entitled, "Stranger in the Manger," being performed tonight at our home church. We are so excited to see the play and are pleased that Isaac and Jonah are going to play the role of shepherds in the play. It is a great experience for them to be able to see the Christmas story from this vantage point and experience a small taste of what it may have been like on that night. We are excited that Nana and Poppy are coming to see the play and are so proud of all of those in our church who have worked so hard to make it happen! It is an experience the children and their families - me included - will not soon
forget. Thanks for bringing honor to the Christ-child's birth through this beautiful re-enactment!
Happy Birthday Jesus!

No comments:

 
style>