Saturday, January 3, 2009

Drawn

During my time in Bible study and prayer yesterday and today, I keep coming back to the thought, led by the Holy Spirit I am sure, that it is time once again in my own life to examine...

what I am drawn to...what draws me...
who is drawn to me...
...what SHOULD draw me.

Like a magnet placed in a box of metallic parts draws them to itself strongly,

I know that we are all drawn toward and away from people, things, ideas, thoughts, sin, good, salvation, hell. So, now, as I try to bring it home in my on life in the following jumbled thoughts that may not make sense to anyone but me, please examine your own today...what is drawing you...are you drawn to the right things? What is drawing you away from good things...the most important thing? What people have been drawn to you this week? People that need you, need the God you put your trust in ...or people that pull you away from your first love?
And, I ask you to know that my blog journalling ventures are not an attempt to appear to perfectly reflect the 'right' thing to say, but my sorting through all of the same struggles we all face...attempting to make sense from a biblical point of view...looking for knowledge through the everyday experience of being a Christian working mother and a wife. I will not always be right...may sometimes be blatantly wrong. But, I definitely want to always be searching, growing...drawing and be drawn to the things of God.

What I am drawn to ...
...the cross, time and time again...
...people who are of like mind...
....a God who loves me, a Christ who died for me...
...a husband who is passionate for Christ, church and family...
...relationships with my children...speaking of God and His love daily in my home...
...laughter, fun times, long walks, reading, scrapbooking, sewing, blogging, decorating my home...
...simple things, small places, quiet times, retreat, time alone...
...His word, study, wisdom, reading, meditation...
...mouths filled with edifying words, avoidance of gossip and slander...
...Christian friendships, accountability, small group Bible study (my Sunday School class!)
...days at home with the four best people I know...


What draws me...
...
genuineness, simplicity, reality....
...risk, commitment, passion...
...mission, goals, vision, direction....
...those who step outside of the clique to be real, away from perceived status...
...depth, richness, texture...
...timeliness, consistency...
... primitive, old time things reminiscent of days past...
...organization, planning...
...Godly preaching and teaching...

What draws me away...
...my own distractions, frustrations...
...fatigue, speed, the rush...
...media, noise, busy-ness...
...finances, fear, lack of faith and trust...
...poor self-esteem, frustration with my weight...
...sin that so easily besets me...
...allowing the media to influence my mind - allowing fear to overcome my mind...

As I look over my list (that of course could go on and on and on), I realize that the most important thing I can do is allow the 'magnet' of the cross to pull me - draw me - to Jesus Christ and His love for me and that will then spill over into every other area of my life. Then, others will be drawn to me - like a magnet. The power of the cross will draw others to me because of His love for them. I pray today for boldness and vision to see the opportunities God sets before me daily to live before others and tell what He has done for me so that those placed around me will be drawn to Him as well. I know that
...I must live my life in such a way that people are drawn to Him!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Great post!

Angie said...

Wow, this is gonna be one of those post that revisit just to be encouraged and knowing that there are others like me, with the same thoughts, feelings, desires, etc. God bless you and thank you for sharing your heart!

 
style>