Wednesday, February 25, 2009

...and then some!

Today, as I was driving my oldest son to his doctor's appointment, I was listening to the radio, thinking about my life, and the circumstances of the world around me. On the Christian radio station I chose to listen to, the gentleman said, "Is He enough for you?" It provoked such strong emotions in me. I had to turn it off and think...pray. Do I truly believe that God is enough for me and my life? I didn't want to think pious thoughts and just assume, "Yes, He's enough for me." There's much more to the question. Do I daily live every moment confirming that He's enough??...more than enough??
Is He enough...
...when the economy is in bad shape?
...when someone I love hurts me real bad? Maybe even someone in my church or my family?
...when I fall on my face in failure?
...when my child dies in my arms?
...when my child commits a crime or an immoral act?
...when illness overtakes my body?
...when everything is great, when I think I did it on my own?
...when I lose my job?
...when things don't work out?
...when people don't understand why I do what I do?
...when I am made fun of for what I believe, choices I make or ideals I stand for?
...when I am old and alone?
...when the storm comes?
...when our children grow up and leave home?
...when I am afraid, but don't want anyone else to know, so I put on my "church" face?
...when my spouse and I age together with unknown challenges to face...ups and downs?
...when we think God is taking us in one direction and He shows us that it is time to change directions?
...when the phone calls come that we don't expect?
...when our children make their own choices?
...when we don't know what to do next...at all?
...when time moves faster than we can keep up with?
...when I am afraid?
...when I am exhausted?
...when I know I've done the right thing even though it's hard?
...when the pain comes and seems so bad?

Is God enough? Can He be enough?
I know my answer.
He is enough. He is enough for me and you. More than just enough.
He is enough...and then some!
Enough said!

2 comments:

Prayer Pals 4 Orphans said...

Amen! I have been truly praising God these past few days that He has only in the past few years taught me that He is enough. With what John and I are dealing with right now, to be truly filled with His perfect peace and a hope that comes from Him alone no matter what the outcome...I know that is only from Him and by His grace and not at all from within me.

Thank you Lord that You are enough and please always protect our heart and minds that we may NEVER doubt that truth!

A McGlone's Life said...

I don't need a daily devotional, I have Melisa Bell!!!!Love you & thank you for make me look at myself & my selfish ways. Carla

 
style>