Friday, February 20, 2009

Only because of the love...

I like to think that I do everything I do for my family for the right reasons...because it is the right thing to do, it needs to be done, someone has to do it, no one else will do it, it is necessary. But, after more thought, the joy in being the wife and mother of this incredible family is in the love behind everything I am blessed to be able to do for them.

I love being a wife and mother.

I love everything about it. I love keeping the children quiet when daddy is not feeling well so he can rest. I love washing the clothes. I love reading stories over and over and over. I love family movie night. I love teaching my children about the Lord. I love making my husband laugh. I love watching my boys playing the Wii so excitedly. I love proofreading Michael's homework. I love giving my baby girl a bath. I love shopping for my family. I love teaching my children to memorize scripture. I love to ask my children about their day and hearing about their ups and downs. I love seeing my family after a long day of work. I love talking with my boys about how to handle tough situations at school. I love giving goodnight hugs and kisses. I love cleaning up messes and wiping up spilled milk.

I love the fact that God allowed me to be a wife and mother...to them...I only do what I do because I love them so much! Family love...Fun love...Real love...it works here!



...Trusting God, Melisa

1 comment:

Oh Dear said...

How precious you are! God designed you to be wife and mother to those very important people. Keep rolling in the blessings!

 
style>