Sunday, March 22, 2009

In my window...


One of my little quirks is that I love - and my husband loathes - the fact that when we travel at night, I enjoy looking in peoples windows when we drive by. I get so excited when I see the lights on in a home. I like to see people walking around, pictures on the wall, someone cooking in the kitchen; for some odd reason - it thrills me! I get a kick out of seeing people in their evening attire, with the television on, oblivious to onlookers, having conversations...the whole nine yards. And, yes, you may wonder how I see all this in a 5 second drive-by?? Years of practice and talent, I suppose;) I am so good at it that Mike says I can tell what they are cooking for supper just by driving by.

Anyway, tonight, I thought I would give you a drive-by glimpse of what is going on our home - a view through the window, I suppose.

We thoroughly enjoyed lunch out with friends after church today. The house is clean and we had a great afternoon resting together after church today. We just finished supper about 15 minutes ago - BBQ meatballs, corn on the cob and rolls.

The kids are playing school - Abby is the teacher and the boys are giving her a hard way to go - she is trying so hard to teach them their animals and they are very 'disobedient' students. She keeps telling them, "It's time for school, students!"

Mike is at the table with his laptop, a mountain of seminary books and various n' sundry Bible versions, working away on his homework. (I am so proud of him.)

I, after finishing this, am headed to the laundry...again. And, to dishes...again.
No place I would rather be! The t.v. is off, the family is all healthy and happy. We are wandering around in our evening attire (p.j's, comfy clothes, pony-tails), doing our best to be family...probably not the way anybody else does it, but just the way we like it.

If you drive by...
honk and throw your hand up!

2 comments:

Oh Dear said...

I so enjoyed looking into your window-thank you! I have a friend that loves to do that too and leaves her curtains open, where appropriate, to entertain others.

Angie said...

I do the same thing! It always looks so cozy from the road. Although, most of the time when I'm traveling and trying to get a glimpse of others, I only see men watching sports. lol

 
style>