Monday, March 9, 2009

Recently...

...there's alot happening in the Bell household - more than I could probably share in a paragraph or two. But, I wanted to sort of give a brief update. For starters, lately we ...

1. are getting eager for warmer weather so we can try out our new little camper;
2. are hoping we don't get the stomach or other flu;
3. are painting pine derby cars for this Saturdays race with the Boy Scouts;
4. arewaiting for Little League baseball to start in April - our first time!
5. cooked a roast/potatoes/carrots/corn and rolls for supper tonight- yum!
6. are enjoying Mike having a week break from seminary classes.
7. are eagerly awaiting Isaac getting his cast off his broken - now healed - right arm on Wednesday.
8. are attempting to memorize Romans chapter 8 - (grown-ups only)
9. are attempting to memorize Psalm 23 - (kids only)
10. are praying for God's direction for our home as we look toward following his commandments.
11. are reading my (Melisa's) first work of Christian fiction in a LONG time - Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers - awesome book exploring God's love for us!
12. are washing our hands alot - trying to ward off the flu!
13. are sanitizing the doorknobs and everything else - trying not to get the flu (yep-I'm a little obsessed with this!!)
14. are pleased the laundry is looking better and better - whew! - what a job!
15. are anticipating the start of Michael's Old Testament II class on Monday.
16. enjoyed a day home with hubby today - although we were obligated the whole day, it was nice to be together.
17. are trying not to at all rely on government to give us a hand-up or hand-out or bail-out, but relying on God to meet our needs and doing all we can in the meantime to be good stewards - keeping a budget, giving, sharing....
18. are looking forward to our 12th wedding anniversary and my birthday in April - as well as Isaac's Gotcha Day!
19. are counting our blessings and enjoying our days...wowee! The weather has been amazing so we've been playing outside alot!
20. are praying for our country - hmmm - better buckle down on this one people!
21. are preparing for Mike's mission trip to Haiti in May - prayer, preparation, planning;
22. are working toward balancing our time and priorities to the glory of God. "Seek ye first the kingdom of God!!"
Whew - that's a lot of stuff going on, huh? And, we love every minute of it. Who says the Christian life experience isn't exciting? Don't get me wrong now - there are lots of losses, hurts, and disappointments in this same experience as well - some of which I have experienced just recently. And, have you ever noticed that those of use in the body are worse at hurting each other than anybody - why is that? But, my relationship with Jesus Christ is well worth it all...and the blessings keep pouring in, overflowing, spilling over, flooding me...I am thankful for all He calls me to. I anticipate this life tomorrow if God sees fit to give it to me...I want to live it abundantly!
Trusting Him...Melisa

2 comments:

Angie said...

All that sounds exhausting, but very fimilar!I can't get passed the part about someone hurting you. I pray that it wasn't me. I'm sure you'd come to me if it was, but please know that I love you and appreciate your friendship immensely.

Oh Dear said...

And we thought college was the best days of our lives!

 
style>