Saturday, March 28, 2009

She's got it.

Abby has the flu - full blown, out-right, ugly, no-fun flu. She has had a fever as high as 105 degrees and lots of other 'gory' symptoms I will spare you the details of. It is hard to see your children going through difficult times and not being able to completely rescue them from it. But, for the most part, our children are pretty healthy and for this we are thankful and blessed. Abby and I have spent much time in the "tepid water tub" the last couple of days and and I must admit this is not one of Abby's favorite activities. She and I have discussed at length (as much as you can between a mother and an inquisitive 3 year old) that this helps wash the 'sickies' away. But, for some reason, she doesn't seem to like sitting in a bath of lukewarm water in the middle of night until her fever comes down - not exactly her idea of a fun time, I guess. She has been a brave little girl though. And, we hope that she starts feeling much better real soon. In addition, we are praying that the 'sickies' stay far, far away from the rest of us as well!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

So sorry she's sick. I missed you today. Tell Michael thank you for being so kind to Makan...this wild spell is going to be the death of us!!

Angie said...

I hope she's doing better now. It's so difficult to see our children sick.

 
style>