Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Day 2 in EMU

Jonah said to tell everybody good morning! He is waiting for breakfast - he ordered his favorite - scrambled eggs, biscuit with grape jelly, bacon and gravy. He is doing fine. He had a difficult time sleeping last night because we had to leave the overbed light on for the cameras. But, we are going to try to take a nap after breakfast - maybe if our belly gets full, we can rest. He is having a big time raising the head of the bed up/down, up/down, up/down. Then, the nurses have to chase him to catch him on the cameras. We are excited because we were able to catch some good seizure activity last night while he was sleeping, so hopefully, we can identify more today and tonight. He also thinks it is pretty cool that he gets to wear the same shirt AND not take a bath for 3 days. Now, you have to admit that it doesn't get better than that for a six year old boy!
Last night, as I laid and watched him sleep, it was so interesting to watch his brain take over and move his body without him controlling it. Although fear often creeps into my heart, it seems that I was able to truly understand how we are "...fearfully and wonderfully made." It is all too easy for me to get wrapped up in things that are so unimportant - my appearance, my desires, my career, myself. It is at moments like this - in the hospital with a child who struggles - that I realize that I am so incredibly blessed above all things to be a wife and mother. It is my ultimate call - to minister to my family, help my husband, raise children who love God with all their heart, be an encouragement to those God places within my influence and walk in faith as a witness to my little ones. I often fall WAY short - by I'm striving!

Jonah and I hope everyone has a good day!
I asked him if he wanted me to tell his friends and family anything on "mommy's blog." He said, "Tell 'em I luv 'em."
Enough said!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jonah:

Tell Mommy I enjoy reading about your adventures in the EMU! It sounds like you are being a big boy and following doctor's orders. Keep up the good work and we will see you when you get home!

Love You,
Popaw & Granny

 
style>