Tuesday, July 8, 2008

When something in life is new...



When something comes into my life that is new, I often experience fears that I will not be all I should be - or all that others expect me to be. That being said, I welcome you, but also warn you, that I am the farthest from a computer expert. This blogging world is new to me, you see. Not in the sense that I am unfamiliar - I follow many blogs on a weekly basis. They allow me to keep in touch with those who share my common life experiences of grief, marriage, adoption, and my walk with Christ. But, I must admit that formally putting together a blog that is both visually appealling and worth your time to read is a daunting task for a working wife/mother of 3 with a "loving-this-crazy-life" life. So, I am learning and hope that the you changes you see regularly on the blog will keep you coming back for more.


Some updates for those of you who might be interested in an update on our recent endeavors (and those of you who know us closely know there is ALWAYS something going on, right?):


-Mike is studying so hard as he is now enrolled in seminary. He is taking his first seminary class, "Intro. to New Testament." Wow! He is so pumped about it and is learning tons of new stuff. He is pursuing a second Master's degree in Religious Education and is currently serving as the Pastor of Children's Ministries at our local church. He continues to teach in the public school system also, but strongly desires to "bust the ministry wide-open" when God's timing is right.


-I continue to work as an occupational therapist in long-term care. It is a thrill to minister to the elderly on a daily basis - my work does make a difference! How often do you hear somebody say that?


-The kids are growing like weeds! Believe it or not, I now have a 2nd grader, 1st grader and full-fledged terrible-two'er! Who could ask for anything more?


We are having a great summer and still have many exciting events planned, including Vacation Bible School (we just can't get enough - we are teaching 3 yr. olds!!!), camping, and celebrating Isaac's birthday. There is so much more to tell - but that is for a later time. Time seems to travel so fast - we are trying to enjoy and not waste one minute - what about you?
JUMP RIGHT IN - CLIMB HIGHER!!




4 comments:

Rachel said...

YES!!! I am so excited you decided to join this side of the blog world. Your family is such a blessing to us and I know we will be equally blessed by the words you share on this blog.

prayers...

Anonymous said...

I love your Blog! You are such an inspiration to our family and I am sure to many others. I know that God will use this to bless everyone who visits this site. Keep up the good work!

Love You,
Becky

Melisa said...

Thanks, Rachel. I am excited too! It has been alot of fun. Thanks for the inspiration...Melisa

Melisa said...

Becky,
I appreciate you reading it. I hope you enjoy and are able to check it out often. Love you too!
Melisa

 
style>