Saturday, September 13, 2008

picture of a frazzled woman...


Well, here it is...this was a photograph taken of me this week!
What a sight I have been.
How do I begin to tell you what an incredibly WILD week we have had.
Let me see if I can explain:

-sick baby all week
-CRAZY work week
-tons of meetings at church
-phone ringing off the hook
-helping Mike study
-doctor's appointments
-Mike having to perform at Board meeting
-Cub Scout meeting
-Mike preparing for ordination council
-being on a diet (see weight loss journal at bottom of right sidebar)
-making and working through several "To Do" Lists
-and much, much more! (believe it or not!)

I actually suppose that 'frazzled' doesn't even begin to describe the kind of week I've had. I have determined that trying to be all-things to all-people is an exhausting venture. However, I must admit that it has been nice to be so needed this week. It seemed that everywhere I turned, I wasn't just existing, but that I was working on important issues, helping others that I love and making a difference in the many roles that I carry. It is nice to be needed!

Today, however, is Saturday...what a beautiful word...let me say it again...Sat-ur-day...let us take a brief moment to discover this word again! What a beautiful concept. Last night, as I tied up some loose ends and began to TRY to wind down, I thought about Saturday. I just couldn't wait to go to bed, wake up and it be Saturday. You see, we don't have to leave our home today. We can be at home, rest, get refocused, settle down a little, calm our spirit, and just be...right?
Well, until my mind starting racing again -- need to catch the laundry up, clean the microwave, vacuum, put Abby's bedrails on her big girl bed, clean the porch, finish helping Mike study, spend precious time with my children, mop the kitchen floor...and so much more.
So much for my Saturday hiatus! But, it is so nice to be needed.
I love my frazzled life.

I do think, however, that this evening, I will go to the garage and pull down my boxes of fall decorations. I so love this time of year. While many love to see the spring flowers come and are rejuvenated by the summer sun, ole' Melisa longs for fall...cooler weather, pumpkins, falling leaves, scarecrows, mums...I just love it all!
Have a delightful Saturday!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You may be a frazzled woman but you are also a special friend...amazing mother...loved child of God...repected wife...and a delight to be around!

Caught a quick peek at you as I walked by the nursery. See you tonight.

 
style>