Monday, August 18, 2008

Happy boys!

What handsome boys! I am so proud of my awesome boys! Boys are so fun. They were not worried about impressing anybody at school - they were totally relaxed this morning and walked right in like they owned the place. No tears...no hesitancy...confident students!
The first day of school has been a great success.
When asked if he liked his first day of second grade, Isaac said, "No! I loved it!"
When asked if he liked his first day of first grade, Jonah, said "Yeah, it was really cool, mom."
Both boys were pleasantly surprised to see
that their best friends were in their classrooms this year.

My friend, Michelle, gave me a great idea several years ago -
to take the children's picures by the mailbox on every first day to have a reference point for growth. Yes, I have taken the pictures, but no - I have not posted them all yet. I will have to drum up the other ones from the last two or three years - but I promise, I will. Abby insisted on having a backpack to stand with in front of the mailbox also. She and I counted the number of school buses we passed this morning. She just loves school buses!
Her FAVORITE song continues to be "The Wheels on the Bus!"
(PS. Imagine that we are whispering...."Possibly a big day for mommy today, too! More to come later if it all pans out the way we hope!")




2 comments:

Rachel said...

Glad it was a great day for the boys. Abby looks so cute!

Imagine I am whispering...I PRAYED FOR YOU TODAY!!!

Anonymous said...

We have been wondering about their first day of school, we were hoping the boys would call us. We are so proud of them too! They all look so big standing in front of the mail box! We love you all very, very, much.

 
style>