Monday, August 4, 2008

Various and Sundries

1.) Today has been a really good day. As compared to yesterday, anything in the up-direction was cause for rejoicing. I had muscle spasms in the right side of my back for about 4 hours in the early morning yesterday. I missed church because I couldn't sit upright. Then, I feel asleep on my heating pad (which I do not recommend at ALL!), and slightly burned my back. When I woke up, I had a fierce headache that lasted all evening. I guess you could say it just wasn't my day.
Today has been a really good day!
2.) We finalized plans to attend a Festival of Marriage event at Ridgecrest in the fall with two very close friends. Rachel and I were so excited today that we couldn't stop buzzing about it. Just can't wait! Michael and I have wanted to go ever since we were married, but it never worked out.
This time, we just decided to do it.
3.) I decided tonight that I was going to start the process to re-upholster my dining room chairs. You see, by now, I realize that anyone who is planning a family should never buy dining room chairs that are upholstered. They should have wooden seats that can be swiped out after every meal that is eaten by a toddler/young child. Therefore, I have started the disassembly process tonight and am going on a hunt for cheap fabric tomorrow. May try to find vinyl covering also for 3 of the chairs. I will post pictures of the "new and improved" Bell dining area...
as soon as I am finished.
4.) My friend Michelle has invited me to participate in a Scrapbooking slumber party in two weeks. Her husband is going to be out of town and us girls are going to get comfy and "crop til we drop." I am really looking forward to it as scrapbooking is one of my favorite hobbies, but since I don't have an assigned scrapbooking space in my home, I have to drag it all out. And, by the time I do that, I am almost too tired to crop. So, knowing that I will be able to scrap the night away - until I get sleepy that is...I will have a blast. And, it's great fun scrappin' with my buddy, Michelle, too. We don't get the time the way we would like - but when we do...
it's a blast!
5.) My new interest - which totally bores my little sister just to think about - is sewing. For years, I wanted a sewing machine and Michael finally bought me a Singer for my birthday. My first project - a full-length apron - is almost complete. I am now on the hunt for a new project. I must say that the whole "threading the bobbin" thing is not going real well for me. I do have to watch the tutorial DVD frequently and still continue to struggle. But - persistence is the key and I am not giving up. One of my friends suggested that I try to make Abby a Halloween costume. I'm not sure if this is the best second project for me or not.
But, I am loving the learning.
6.) All of my children are in the bed. Michael is getting ready to work on his homework and I am going to lay down with my 3 new magazines ("Country Sampler", "Sewing Savvy" and "Holiday Crafts") and rest awhile!
I am thankful for the quiet time.
7.) Did I mention that today has been a very good day?

3 comments:

Christine Satterfield said...

Melisa, I am so excited you and Mike are attending Festivals of Marriage this fall. I am the coordinator for this conference. Which weekend are you attending? Spread word to your friends : ) http://www.lifeway.com/fom

Thanks for blogging about your decision to attend FOM! Mark

Melisa said...

Hi, Mark. We are attending Oct. 24-26. We are so looking forward to it. Can I ask how you found my blog? It always amazes me that this web-thing connects us and we've never met - I love it.

Christine Satterfield said...

Google alert sent a message with a link that someone posted about festivals of marriage. It's a great feature to use to receive updates on just about anything you want... check it out google.com/alerts

 
style>