Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Invitation

The love of God is irresistible to me. It meets the needs of my life. It gives my life - every minute, every encounter, every challenge - deep purpose. It meets my need for healing, touching my life in places that no human can reach. When I drink His water - His Word - into my life, it quenches my thirst. He is persistent in pursuing a relationship with me. My praise is so precious to Him. But, He doesn't need my praise to be lifted higher. Actually, He can't be lifted higher than He already is. However, He does invited me to engage in relationship with Him - for MY SAKE! He draws me, compels me, repeatedly invites me. It is nice to be wanted.

I imagine in the morning as I try to wake, hit the "snooze" bar on the alarm clock, toss and turn as I try to shake the sleep off and start my day, that my Abba Father is anxiously waiting for me to get up. He can't wait to spend time with me. Just as my eyes light up every time one of my children walk in the room, He delights when I enter His presence. Have you entered His presence today? Have you spoken to Him today? Have you whispered your secrets to Him? He has invited you...make sure you RSVP!
(Taken from my personal notes in worship this morning and in the Beth Moore simulcast)

3 comments:

Regina said...

Melisa,

I was at Beth Moore's simulcast too and I loved that picture of God standing there anxiously awaiting me to get up so that we could spend some time together.

It was a great weekend and God really showed up and spoke volumes to me.

Winnie said...

Melisa,
That was my favorite part of the weekend. The thought of My God waiting patiently for me to wake up in the morning, just to spend time with me!! God revealed alot to me that weekend, I wish we could do that once a month.
Thanks for sharing,
Winnie

Rachel said...

We have had the "morning" discussion but I loved beth's way of putting the humanistic character on God..."Wake up, I want to talk to you"

Finally posted on the camping "experience"

 
style>